What started as a week’s vacation to a lake house has turned into your looking for used boats for sale. You are trying to temper your enthusiasm for this new way of life and know that a new boat is not in the running. By looking at used boats for sale, however, you hope to be able to find an affordable way for your family to make sure that this lake life experience is something that you can enjoy a little more often.
Did you know that as many as 42.6 million in early 2017 people said they had gone boating within the last 12 months? This is an indicator of how common of an activity boating is. For many of these people preowned boats are the best way to affordably join this increasingly popular activity. And while many first time lake visitors may start with boat rentals, there are more and more people who make the decision to purchase their own used or new boats after getting a taste of life at the lake!
Consider some of these facts and figures about the boating industry and the impact that it has not only on the leisure life of Americans, but also the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 2.65 million people in early 2017 indicated that they planned on buying a boat within the next 12 months.
- 11.87 million recreational boats were registered in the U.S. in the year 2015.
- Inboard boats, outboard boats, sailboats, sterndrive boats, and personal watercrafts are the five categories recreational boats are split into.
- 3.6 million was the total cost of recreational boats that were sold across the U.S. in the year 2016.
- 87 million adults in the U.S. use boats for recreational purposes.
- 10.3% of people in the U.S. who had an income of $200,000 owned a boat in the year 2015.
The school year is winding down, and for many families that may mean time at the lake. If you are looking for new or used boats for sale then you understand the investment that living at the lake involves. From boats to fishing to days in the sun, this is a time that easy to look forward to.