Your family loves sports, and you love adventure. As a result, nearly five years ago you made the decision to cut spending on things that fill your closets and dresser drawers, and instead invest in activities that fill your heart and your soul. This next spring the four of you are going to the PGA Masters together. This will be the first PGA Masters trip for all of you, although your husband has attended a couple of less significant professional tour events.
On each of the sports travel and tour packages that you have taken in the past you have also scheduled a number of activities that allow you to enjoy the region where you are visiting. These trips have provided a unique way to travel as a family. Your vacation plans start with a central element, but from that point you brach out to other opportunities that you likely would never have known about.
Sports Tours to the PGA Masters and Other Major Events Provide Great Family Memories
Whether you are planning an upcoming trip to watch the Kentucky Derby or you are planning a once in a lifetime trip to watch this next year’s PGA Masters, there are many avenues available when it comes to traveling for a sporting event. Working with a professional travel agent may help you participate in the some of the accompanying events that might otherwise not be available to you. These kinds of packages, however, can also be more expensive. As a result, some of the people who are experienced sporting event travelers begin planning their own trips. Being your own travel planner might mean that you do not have access to some of the behind the scenes events, but it also might mean that you will spend a little less money.
Consider some of these facts and figures about sports travel packages and the many ways that these events impact the economy of the nation, in addition to the enjoyment of many sports enthusiasts:bR<>
- After the inaugural tournament was held in China in 1991, the FIFA Women’s World Cup has been held every four years.
- 70% of survey respondents follow college basketball at least occasionally, according to a Statista research study.
- Nearly 31 million people attended a college sports event in the year 2017, according to the same Statista survey.
- Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Detroit, and Philadelphia are the only five U.S. cities with all four major sports: Major League Baseball, National Football League, National Basketball Association, and the National Hockey League.
- Phoenix, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Miami, Dallas, Boston, New York City, and Minneapolis are the eight additional cities that have all four major sports within their entire metropolitan area.
- Football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer are te five largest sports in the U.S.
Kids grow up too soon, and families often find themselves living very far apart. One fo the ways to continue spending time with your children as they get older, even when they live hundreds, or thousands, of miles away, is to plan destination vacations that will interest the whole family. College and professional sporting events can be some of the events that can serve as the greatest sporting trips of a lifetime.
The latest research indicates that it is estimated that the North American sports industry will be worth as much as $74 million by the year 2020. In even more detail, the North American sports industry is expected to bring in nearly $69.4 billion from ticket and merchandise sales, media rights, and sponsorship fees, according to the latest sports outlook from PricewaterhouseCoopers.
If you have a family full of people who love to watch sports, this might be the perfect time to start planning your next family vacation. And instead of simply going to the beach, maybe it is worth your time to check out the college and professional sporting events that are scheduled during your visit. Who knows, maybe this is the year when you start to check off the visits that you make to all of the professional baseball stadiums in the country. Today’s planning can help you create the best future family trips for you and your loved ones. Are you ready to get started?