The U.S. women just won a second consecutive World Cup Championship and there are many Americans who are more than glad to that they invested in this summer’s most popular sports travel packages. From NFL tickets to sports travel and tours, there are many ways that sports enthusiasts can find a way to follow and watch their favorite teams and individual athletes.
It is estimated that the North American sports industry will be worth as much as $74 million by 2020. In fact, sports travel packages are an increasingly popular gift idea for graduations, anniversaries, birthdays, and retirements. Whether you are hoping to attend the PGA Masters 2020 or you are trying to travel to Washington Redskins games, it is important to make sure that you are working with a reputable company that can help you take care of all the necessary details.
Sports Travel Packages Are a Great Gift Option for Many Sports Enthusiasts
The FIFA Women’s World Cup has been held every four years since 1991 when the inaugural tournament was held in China. This year, however, was a big draw for many Americans who are looking to be a part of a sports dynasty that is growing more and more popular. Consider these facts and figures about the most popular sports in the country and the growing number of fans that continue to follow their favorite athletes and teams:
- Football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer are the five largest sports in America.
- More than 70% of survey respondents indicate that they follow college basketball at least occasionally.
- Nearly 31 million people attended a college sports event in 2017, according to a Statista survey.
- The NCAA generated $820 million U.S. in revenue in its 2017 financial year from television and marketing rights fees.
- Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Detroit, and Philadelphia are the only five U.S. cities with all four major sports of MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL.
- 37% of U.S. adults say that football is their favorite sport to watch, by far the most for any sport. Baseball is at its lowest point ever, with only 9% indicating that it is their favorite sport to watch.
This U.S. victory today in the FIFA World Cup was an exciting time for the thousands of fans who were able to travel to watch this history making match.