As classes start in schools across America, there are many people who are looking at fewer days at the lake, less time at the cabin. It is also at this time of the year when many fishing and boating enthusiasts start looking at the options tor being or selling a new or used boat for sale. Whether you want to upgrade to a newer model so that they kids can have more fun waterskiing and tubing, or you are looking for a used boat for sale that allows you to take all of the grandkids fishing at once, the months of fall are often the best time to consider a change.
From looking online for individuals who are listing used boats for sale to visiting the showrooms of powersports dealerships to see the very newest models, there are many options to consider. Obviously, knowing the history of a boat is the best way to understand and predict the reliability of any purchase that you are considering making.
Recreational Boating and Other Powersports Purchases Fuel the Year Round Fun Many Families Have
Even the most basic used boat for sale can offer months of fun for a family that wants to get away from the city and enjoy the great outdoors. In fact, new pontoon boats, Arctic cat dealer offerings, and used boats for sale can be the motivation your family needs to get away from technology and enjoy not only each other, but the great outdoors as well. At a time when so many parents are concerned about the amount of time that their children spend with technology, a family trip to the lake can be the perfect solution. Early morning fishing trips, mid afternoon water skiing, and late evening student boat rides provide memories that will last a lifetime.
And while there are many kinds of brand new boats that long time cabin owners may be interested in, it is important to note that there are also many options for finding a deal on a used boat for sale that can serve as a family’s first nautical purchase. Like a new car, however, when you make the decision to purchase a used boat you need to pay attention to several details: milage, previous owner, and maintenance are at the top of the list.
Boat Dealers Offer a Number of Models in a Wide Range of Prices
Boating can be addictive. In fact, once you have purchased your first boat you can easily find yourself looking at other options. From upgrading your current boat with the latest accessories to making a trade to a bigger and more powerful model, boating enthusiasts, like avid car buyers, often find themselves on the market for the next great deal.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the latest trends in recreational sports, including the increasingly popular boating industry:
- Under ideal conditions with only one person on board, an average pontoon boat can reach speeds of 31 miles per hour (MPH).
- In comparison, an average pontoon boat with a 115 horse power engine will only reach 22 mph with max capacity, which is 11 people.
- Annual U.S. sales of boats, marine products, and services climbed 3% in the year 2016 to reach $37 billion. That trend was expected to continue throughout the year 2018.
- 95% of boats on the water in the U.S., including powerboats, personal watercraft, and sailboats, are small in size at less than 26 feet in length. These boats are convenient because the can easily be trailered by a vehicle to local waterways.
- The latest research indicates that as many as 95% of all Americans live within an hour’s drive of a navigable body of water.
- Including direct, indirect, and induced spending, the recreational boating industry in the U.S. has an annual economic impact of more than $121.5 billion. This industry supports 650,000 direct and indirect American jobs and nearly 35,000 small businesses.
Summer is slipping away, and as many families think about getting the kids back to school, a few more weekends at the lake may be in order. Knowing that you have a reliable boat for these last glorious weekends can make your time at the lake even more enjoyable.R