Lawn mowers at Christmas? Bicycles on New Year’s?
This has been a different kind of winter so far this year.
Although you had a week of far below normal temperatures that caused the leaves from the trees to fall in mass, the rest of the winter has been anything but normal. And while technically the Winter Solstice and the first day of winter are really only a couple of days before Christmas, in the past it has been very normal to have several inches of snow on the ground to create the White Christmas that so many holiday carolers sing about.
This year, however, your father has not touched his large tractor with a blade that he typically uses to clear the driveway and the lane to his house. Instead, he is still getting out his new Kubota zero turn mower to mulch up the neighbor’s leaves that keep blowing into onto his property. This Christmas, in fact, your father told your two young daughters that when your family comes to visit the day after Christmas he will hitch up a small trailer to the Kubota zero turn mower and take the girls around town to look at Christmas lights.
Kubota Zero Turn Mowers and Other High End Lawn Tractors Can Serve a Number of Purposes
Tractor mower package deals are often at their lowest prices this time of year as manufacturers try to get rid of older models to make way for the new and improved versions. Given that grass in Georgia and other parts of the south can grow up to six inches a week in the summer, there are many people who are interested in having the most efficient and powerful mowing system that is available. And while there are many differences from one part of the country to another, there are 1.25 million acres of lawns in the state of Georgia alone. In fact, the landscaping and mowing industry plays a significant role in the economy of many states. Combined with the small family farms, it is important to know that there are many times when Kubota zero turn mowers and other products are used in very different kinds of settings.
When you are working on the lawn of a large piece of land it is important to have a tractor mower than can perform a number of tasks. Fortunately, some of the latest mower systems are so powerful that they can be equipped with a blade and used to clear snow from sidewalks, driveways, and small roads.
Even though the majority of Americans now live in an urban setting it is important to note that there is still a significant amount of the nation’s economy that can relies on the farming industry and the equipment that they use:
- Even though they do not live on farms any more, nearly 90% of Americans prefer to live in homes surrounded by grass lawns. Lawns that require a significant amount of maintenance.
- Although the numbers can vary from one state to another, it is important to note that there are 43 thousand farms in the state of Alabama alone, and that the average farm in Alabama covers 209 acres. This compares to a national average of 434 acres.
- As a result, agriculture is the largest industry in the state of Alabama, with 580,000 Alabamians working on farms.
- 99% of American farms remain family owned, although they are often much larger entities than in the past.
- In addition to individual lawns maintained by private property owners, golf greens need to be mowed daily to maintain the recommended length of 0.100 to 0.125 inches.
- In total, the landscaping industry employs nearly one million people in the US.
Although there are different manufacturers, Kubota has been making agricultural equipment since the year 1890. In fact, they developed and commercialized Japan’s first ever farm tractor. Finding the best products will allow more productivity. Having the kind of resources that are needed to maintain a yard, manicure a golf course, and work a farm involve very different kinds of decisions, but it is important to know that every piece of equipment purchased needs to function at its highest level. Even a mower on Christmas Day!