Scuba diving, for some people, seems to be one of those cool and extreme sports that might be interesting to try, but might be a little intimidating at the same time. Gorgeous underwater seascapes paired with the unknown danger of entering a new location. How could it not be enticing? Here are a few reasons everyone should give scuba diving a go, at least once.
- It’s easyNow I know what you’re thinking. How could something as crazy as scuba diving be easy? But, in fact, it is. Beginner diving is very easy and quick to get into. All that’s really required is knowing how to swim. Scuba classes are available to be taken, with a scuba certified instructor talking you through it every step of the way. Once done with your scuba training, it’s onto the real thing. On your first dive, once you get to the bottom, that’s all you have to worry about!
- It’s relaxingOnce you get over the jittery nerves of your first dive, you’ll find it’s actually rather calm and relaxing diving. You can hear you’re own breathing, and not much else and the water around you makes you feel weightless. Your scuba diving equipment doesn’t weigh you down, either.
- You’ll meet all kinds of great peopleWhether in scuba training or at a popular scuba spot, you’ll find yourself meeting all kinds of like-minded people who want to share the amazing experience that is scuba diving.
- Immerse yourself in a new environmentYou really get to enter a whole other world down there. It’s just just projected on a screen or kept at a distance. You, yourself, are in that very space with all kinds of new plants and animals surrounding you.
- You can get job offers.If you choose to get a scuba diving certification, you’ll suddenly find all kinds of job opportunities opening up for you. You can start living in a completely new place and do what you love doing everyday for a living.
The number of young adults doing scuba diving is one the rise, increasing from 275,000 to 567,000 in 2015. It’s easy to see why with the reasons listed above. Scuba diving is a relaxing experience, an look into a whole different world and a potential opportunity for an unforgettable career.